I’m looking out of the window and wishing I was in the sun… though to be fair, it’s not that cold today, yet. In-between bouts of database work for the Fed, I had a trip to the docs as my foot keeps giving me trouble, so now I’ve a load of exercises to do, reckons I’ve damaged something.
I’ve been working on my relay board… this is a board that talks to the Internet and serves up a web page by which I can turn up to 8 mains relays on and off at a distance – like – any distance. I need these to control stuff in Spain when I’m here and so it has to be very reliable.
As you can see on the right, the interface (web page) is pretty basic but I wanted it that way as I have to control this from the iPhone.
Progress so far is good… I built a pre-prototype using an Arduino board and this model here is done using a little Arduino Nano. Most of my time was taken up figuring out why one of the pins didn’t respond as normal – I figured it out – CHINA! And so now, all’s well and it’s one test where it’ll stay for a couple of weeks to make sure it’s crash-proof.
Next stop is to add a couple of temperature sensors (inside/outside).